In History KS3 (AGE 12-14):
- To identify significant events in Lancashire’s darkest history
- To explore crime and punishment in Britain between 1485 and late 19th century through live, immersive storytelling, told by mischievous characters.
- Meet and learn about the personal stories of the Pendel Witches and many other characters during your journey through history.
- To make sensory connections between the darkest periods in history, engaging with historical concepts like ‘change’ and ‘continuity’.
- To analyse a range of gruesome historical sources.
- To create a passion for history that inspires young learners.
In English and Drama KS3/4 (AGE 12-16):
- To explore stories based on actual historic events.
- To identify the features and impact of immersive storytelling.
- To experience a range of dramatic techniques and performance elements that bring history to life.
- To create a passion for drama that inspires young learners.
Beyond the Curriculum:
- Experiencing culture, the arts and heritage
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Improving personal wellbeing
The Dungeons brings together an amazing cast of theatrical actors, special effects, stages, scenes and rides in a truly unique and exciting walkthrough experience that you see, hear, touch, smell and feel. It’s hilarious fun and it’s sometimes a bit scary.
We love it. We know your class will too. Here's why:
- Full-on 360-degree sets with gripping storytelling
- 11 interactive shows, 12 live actors, 1000 years of history
- State of the art theming and special effects
- 1 thrilling underground ride (height restrictions apply)
- 90 minutes of laughs and screams
Intended for KS3 & KS4 (and older KS2 pupils that are feeling particularly brave).
The shows are based on real Lancashire history and legends (minus the boring bits). You'll get up close and personal with sinister characters including the infamous Pendle Witches and our very own Plague Doctor's Assistant to name a few.
Our first trip to the Dungeons was a success and the pupils thoroughly enjoyed their experience. It really was excellent!