Facilities & Accessibility
BOOKING CARER TICKETS
Guests with access needs are entitled to a free carer ticket. All visiting guests except for the carer require a purchased ticket.
You can reserve a free carer ticket during our booking journey when purchasing your standard or combination entry tickets.
Upon entry to the attraction, you will need to show one of the below items of documentation alongside the Carer Ticket:
- Entitlement to Disability Living Allowance for children under 16 or Personal Independent payments for those aged 16-64, either in the form of a letter stating that the benefit has been awarded, or the actual Allowance book
- Attendance Allowance or Carer's Allowance letter of award
- Incapacity Benefit books, or a letter notifying the recipient that the benefit has been awarded
- A Blue or Orange badge, or
- In the case of visual impairment, a registration card known as the BD8 or a Certificate of Visual Impairment (CVI).
- International Proof of Disability (ISA (international symbol of access) or similar must be printed on it)
Please note: The carer must be 14+ years.
For wheelchair users:
- The Blackpool Tower Dungeon is fully wheelchair accessible. Navigating around the Dungeon will be mainly through level pathways. However, due to the nature of the attraction, some floor surfaces are uneven
- For safety reasons, we can only admit 1 wheelchair user per tour group
- Wheelchairs are available at The Blackpool Tower to hire. Please speak to one of our admissions team when you arrive to assist
- Please note that The Blackpool Tower Dungeon is not accessible by mobility scooter
For those with other mobility impairments:
- We are a 90-110 minute walking experience and guests are required to stand for a majority of it
- Seating is available in some shows, but due to the nature of the attraction and the demographic of groups we cannot guarantee priority seating
For those with autism and other neuro-diverse conditions:
- We are not a scare attraction or a horror maze.
- We are a highly sensory experience with dark spaces, loud noises, flashing/strobe lights, pungent smells and jump scares
- If you cannot be subjected to strobe lighting, we would recommend you speak to a team member regards to this
- At any point, during the tour, feel free to let a member of staff know if you or a member of your party needs to leave or take some time out
Please note we are trained to recognise the Hidden Disabilities sunflower lanyard here at the Blackpool Tower Dungeon and we have ear defenders should you or your fellow guests need them. Please talk to a member of staff at any point during the tour should you require any assistance.
For children and young infants:
- We recommend the experience is suitable for children 8 years and above, but this is at the discretion of the parent or guardian
- Children under the age of 15 years must be accompanied by an adult 18 years and above
For pregnant women:
- Pregnant women can take part in all 19 live shows at any time during their pregnancy that they feel confident to visit
- The Drop Dead Drop ride is not suitable for pregnant women. Members of staff will be happy to show you alternative routes
For international visitors:
- The tours are run only in English to cater to the vast majority of international visitors
- Many non-English speakers still enjoy the sensory nature of our tours but may not experience the attraction in the same way as those proficient in English
- Unfortunately, audio guides are not available at this time
Drop Dead Ride:
- The minimum height restriction is 1.4 meters tall
- Due to the position of the safety bar on the ride, there are some size restrictions that you must be aware of:
> Torso - 29cm
> Seat width - 44cm
> Leg depth - 16cm
- Guests with photosensitive epilepsy are unable to ride
- You must be free from:
> Heart complaints or pacemakers
> Broken limbs or have recently had surgery
> Any other condition which may result in injury or complication from riding
Please note: You do not have to go on the Drop Dead ride, you can simply move onto the next section.