York Dungeon + City Walking Tour Combi Ticket
Combine your visit to The York Dungeon
and join us on the York City Walking Tour, 60 minutes of heart-thumping fun and thrills!
Discover the toe-curling tales of the city...
...as two of favourite dungeon residents, the ever so bonkers and slightly sarcastic Black Jester along with our most ugliest & smelliest peasant Smedley, are released onto the streets of the city to lead you on a journey to discover York’s true history and hidden secrets of the city.
What to expect:
- Learn about York’s most infamous rogues and heavenly saints including Dick Turpin, Guy Fawkes and the Pearl of York herself, Margaret Clitherow.
- Stories of Roman exploits and Viking invasions - FOR ODIN!
- York’s most historical spectacular sights including Clifford’s Tower, York Minster and The Shambles, just to name a few.
- Tales of tragedy, horror, hangings and ghosts - Boo!
- Plenty to see, lots to learn and a barrel load of laughs.
The York Dungeon Walking Tours are fully Covid-19 secure, with social-distancing, limited tour sizes and face-masks can be optionally worn throughout the Tour during busy outdoor areas.
All tickets must be pre-booked in advance. Book your York Dungeon ticket first and then you peasants are in charge of booking on to your Walking Tour (Friday, Saturday, Sundays) and we demand.. we mean request that all peasants arrive promptly at the York Dungeon for their tour or else the Black Jester and Smedley WILL leave you behind!
- Entry to the York Dungeon
- Plus visit some of York's most (in)famous landmarks with our notorious characters -Walking Tours currently run Fri-Sun
There's no need to rush with this combi ticket
You have a full 90 days to explore the city with our walking tour after your visit to the York Dungeon.
WANT TO DO BOTH IN ONE DAY?
Pre-booking your entry into all attractions is essential as same-day entry is subject to availability.
- First, select your York Dungeon entry date and time during checkout
- Your booking confirmation email will have a link to book and guarantee your visit to the Walking Tour at a date and time of your choice
Please note Walking Tours currently run Friday - Sunday weekly, and daily during school holidays. Therefore, if you would like to do both in one day, entry to both attractions will only be available Friday - Sunday
- Reschedule for free up to 24 hours before your arrival time
The tour lasts 60 minutes in total.
Tickets cost £27.00 for an adult (16+) and include a visit to The York Dungeon tour. We know, what great value!
Child (5-15 years old) tickets are £22.00 as a combination ticket for The York Dungeon + Walking Tour.
- First, select your Dungeon visit date and time during checkout.
- Then, to book your Walking Tour, your booking confirmation email will have a link to book and guarantee your place at the Walking Tour on a date and time of your choice (Available Friday, Saturday & Sundays).
- Fancy doing both in one day? Go ahead...if you dare!
You get wet. Bring an umbrella, and an extra one for us too, if it's scheduled to rain.
Well if you're trying to impress the Jester or Smedley, your finest attire with your most expensive fragrance... but we doubt anyone will attempt that. So just something comfortable with appropriate footwear.
The York Dungeon of course, be on time - or else you'll get left behind!
The Tour ends at the York Minster (one of the finest spots of York!) however if you do want to return to the dark & murky Dungeon then you can always accompany our characters on their return.
Every peasant is welcome, even the little ones - but the walk does last 60 minutes so be sure they can handle it.
You can book your Dungeon + Walking Tour ticket here.
"What a fabulous walking tour!!! We toured York with the Black Jester and Smedley as a treat for my daughter's birthday. Absolutely brilliant!!!"