PAIN RELIEF FOR TEACHERS
Let us take the torture out of planning your school trip with some answers to those questions that are frequently asked, answered below! You can also download our FREE RISK ASSESSMENT to support in the writing of your own.
TOP PLANNING TIPS
- A tour consists of groups of a maximum of 45 people and last approximately 110 minutes. The time on your ticket is your entry time, not the start time of your tour. We advise that you give yourself 2 hours to do the whole experience (3.5 hours if including a workshop). If your group is larger than 45, they will be split across two tours, being 6 minutes apart from each other. Depending on the size of your group we will always strive to keep pupils separate from the general public on a tour but exceptions may need to be made in peak periods.
- Students will need to be supervised at all times whilst in the attraction, we advise a minimum of two teachers per group. (This is in case any of your pupils need to leave the attraction out of fear, or needing the toilet.)
- Toilets are at the beginning and end of the tour. The first toilet is just after your entry photo by the rat run. We strongly advise using the facilities beforehand as the tour is approximately 110 minutes and going to the toilet whilst on the tour may mean you missing shows.
- Please check our ride pages for our ride restrictions. Rides may need to be skipped.
- The building does have stairs, if any of your students require use of the wheelchair lift, then please book this in advance by talking to our booking team on 02079 678020
- Please be advised that mobile phones are to be switched off on the tour as not to disturb the experience. It is also worth noting that the building does not always have signal and if you need to arrange meeting spots on exit please do so before entry.
LOTC QUALITY BADGE
The London Dungeon has shown itself to be at the top of the class for educational visits by being awarded a Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge. Awarded by the Council for Learning Outside the Classroom (CLOtC), The LOtC Quality Badge offers teachers a guarantee that not only is a venue providing the sort of educational value that they can build on in class long after the visit but they also have the appropriate risk management structures in place.
The London Dungeon is located in County Hall on Westminster Bridge Road, SE1 7PB, in between the Coca-Cola London Eye & Sea Life London Aquarium.
EXCLUSIVE BEHIND THE SCENES FILM FOOTAGE
You can also sign-up to receive free and exclusive behind-the-scenes film footage and educational content from Merlin Schools London: