PAIN RELIEF FOR TEACHERS
Let us take the torture out of planning your school trip with some answers to those questions that are frequently asked, answered below! You can also download our FREE RISK ASSESSMENT to support in the writing of your own. Please also visit our Know Before You Go page in relation to latest guidance on COVID-19.
TOP PLANNING TIPS
- The time on your ticket is your entry time, not the start time of your tour. We advise that you give yourself 2 hours to do the whole experience (3.5 hours if including a workshop). Depending on the size of your group we will always strive to keep pupils separate from the general public on a tour but exceptions may need to be made in peak periods. Students must remain socially distanced from members of the general public at all times. If the number of students exceed our tour size your class will be split into two groups.
- Students will need to be supervised at all times whilst in the attraction, we advise a minimum of two teachers per group. (This is in case any of your pupils need to leave the attraction out of fear, or needing the toilet.)
- Toilets are at the beginning and end of the tour. The first toilet is just after your entry photo by the rat run. We strongly advise using the facilities beforehand as the tour is approximately 110 minutes and going to the toilet whilst on the tour may mean you missing shows.
- Please check our ride pages for our ride restrictions. Rides may need to be skipped.
- The building does have stairs, if any of your students require use of the wheelchair lift, then please book this in advance by talking to our booking team on 02079 678020
- Please be advised that mobile phones are to be switched off on the tour as not to disturb the experience. It is also worth noting that the building does not always have signal and if you need to arrange meeting spots on exit please do so before entry.
- COVID-19 Before you visit: We will be updating our social media pages and website with the latest information, please check our Know Before You Go page a day before visiting for latest COVID-19 guidance and advice. Should you or any member of your group start displaying any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19 please refrain from visiting. Please contact customer services should you need to amend your booking.
When you arrive: We recommend face covering are worn when visiting the attraction. Please always remain within your group, keeping a safe distance between you and other guests. Please ensure you consider your teacher to child ratio to help enforce/manage this.
- You can access 2 free planning tickets for teachers to visit the attraction before your school visit to plan out your trip and carry out an onsite risk assessment.
- Please note - although we endeavour to seperate schools for an exclusive tour, we cannot guarantee this and there may be other guests on your tour.
LOTC QUALITY BADGE
The London Dungeon has shown itself to be at the top of the class for educational visits by being awarded a Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge. Awarded by the Council for Learning Outside the Classroom (CLOtC), The LOtC Quality Badge offers teachers a guarantee that not only is a venue providing the sort of educational value that they can build on in class long after the visit but they also have the appropriate risk management structures in place.
The London Dungeon is located in County Hall on Westminster Bridge Road, SE1 7PB, in between the lastminute.com London Eye & Sea Life London Aquarium.