Okay... here we go. Boring but important. We were going to try to pretty it up a bit... but really, are you bothered. There is a kind of dumb bravery to this. Read on. We salute you... and we'll be waiting for you... in the bar probably.
** § 1 Storage / Use of Personal Data **
We will only collect and use your personal data to process to your booking, unless you wish to use other services, such as: The transmission of our newsletter. We will then ask for your approval at the appropriate place.
Personal data are individual details of personal or factual circumstances of a particular or identifiable natural person. This includes information such as e.g. your name, address, telephone number and date of birth.
Our data protection practices are in accordance with the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) and the Telemediengesetz (TMG).
** § 2 Transfer of your data **
In order to successfully complete your online booking, we only pass on your data to the credit institution that is responsible for the payment. The transfer, sale, or other transmission of your personal data to third parties does not take place, unless this is necessary for the purpose of contract processing or if you have expressly consented.
The transfer of your personal data within the Merlin Entertainments Group takes place only after your prior consent
** § 3 Advertising / Newsletter **
If you have agreed to receive advertising through the e-mail newsletter of the Merlin Entertainments Group or the receipt of advertising by letter and / or by telephone, we will contact you regularly by e-mail, by letter and / or by telephone our latest attractions, promotions and offers. You can unsubscribe by simply sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or, in the case of the e-mail newsletter, simply by clicking on an option directly in the newsletter.
** § 4 Information / Revocation / Cancellation **
Upon request, we will provide you free of charge information about the data stored on your person or your pseudonym. If you wish, please send a message to the email address email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or free of charge to Dungeon Deutschland GmbH, Cremon 11, 20457 Hamburg.
We will also correct, block or delete the data stored about you on request. Without your express request, we will terminate your data for further use with complete processing of the contract and delete it after the expiry of the tax and commercial law regulations, unless you have expressly consented to the further use of your data for our services.
Should you have given your consent to a service offered by us, you can revoke your consent at any time. Provided that deletion prohibits statutory, contractual or commercial and tax retention periods or other legally justified reasons, only a blocking of your data may take place instead of a deletion.
** § 5 Security **
We take all necessary technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data from loss and misuse. Your data is stored in a secure operating environment that is not accessible to the public. In certain cases, your personal data will be encrypted during transmission by the so-called Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This means that the communication between your computer and the Dungeon servers is done using a recognized encryption method if your browser supports SSL.
** § 6 Commentary facilities **
In part, you have the possibility to leave comments on the individual contributions, events and pictures on our site. In this case, the IP address of the author / affiliate owner is stored for our own security, in the event that the author is interfering with the rights of third parties and / or unlawful content. Thus, we have a personal interest in the stored data of the respective author, especially since we may be prosecuted for possible infringements. An unauthorized transmission of the data stored here to third parties or a comparison with data collected by us where applicable elsewhere does not occur here.
** § 7 Cookies **
For further details please refer to our cookie guidelines below.
** § 8 PlugIns, Social Plugins, Google Analytics **
Cookies may be used by third parties that we have chosen as providers (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+). We also use plug-ins from social media service providers (such as You Tube) as well as Google Analytics.
We also refer to our cookie guidelines below for further details.
** § 9 Data from children **
Children and persons under the age of 18 should not transmit any personal data to us without the consent of their parents or their parents. We do not request personal data from children, do not collect them and do not pass them on to third parties.
** § 10 Responsible authorities within the meaning of the BDSG **
From time to time Merlin or other authorised parties carry out photography and/or video recording in the Attraction, which may feature guests. Entry to the Attraction is deemed acceptance of these Entry Conditions, and you therefore agree that Merlin or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with Merlin or such authorised party (as the case may be).
- Yes, The Dungeons uses 'temporary cookies', which are only used during the booking process. (A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a web server to store on a web browser so it can later be read back from that browser. This is useful for having the browser remember some specific information (ref. Cookie Central).
Will The Dungeons disclose any of this personal information to third parties?
- The Dungeons will only disclose your name and booking details to our suppliers (see above) for operational purposes. We will not pass on your details to other companies for their marketing purposes.
- We won't disclose credit/debit card numbers unless we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
Will The Dungeons use the information I give for direct marketing?
- Yes, but we ask you for your permission and we'll only send you details of products the Merlin Entertainments Group offer.
- Your browser settings, such as the type of browser you use and what plug-ins you have installed. This keeps us from bothering you every time you enter the website, for example, in order to make sure that you have the necessary software to display any videos or graphics we place on our websites. This also allows us to know how many people are using certain types of software, so that we can adjust our websites to provide the best browsing experience for every visitor.
- Your language and region choice. This means that if you have once chosen English as your preferred language this is the default language that will be used when you revisit our website.
- Your choice of products in your shopping basket. If cookies are not activated, you may find that the shopping basket or other features do not operate properly.
- Your movement on and usage of our websites. We do not collect personal data as part of this. We collect statistical data so we can optimise our websites.
- Some cookies last until you close your browser, others are stored for longer. Some cookies are set by third parties who we have chosen to use as suppliers. These may include media agencies or affiliate marketing companies who we use to supply us with marketing services. Their cookie use is necessary to track performance of our marketing campaigns and does not contain any personal information.
Want to get rid of cookies or change your cookie settings?
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can prevent cookies from being stored on your computer or device by setting your browser to not accept cookies. Some browsers provide a mode where cookies are always deleted after a visit. This is called InPrivate in Internet Explorer version 8 and newer; Incognito in Google Chrome version 10 and newer; Private Browsing in Firefox version 3.5 and newer; Private Browsing in Safari version 2 and newer and Private Browsing in Opera version 10.5 and newer.
The exact instructions for changing your cookie settings can be found in the ‘Help’ section of your browser. You can delete cookies already on your computer or device at any time. If you choose not to accept cookies at all, you can still visit our website, however, when cookies are disabled, we cannot guarantee an optimum experience and there may be content that is not available.
Merlin Entertainments Group, Privacy Department, 3 Market Close, Poole, Dorset BH15 1NQ.
The Dungeon is not suitable for people of a nervous disposition or very young children: entry is at the discretion of the parent/guardian. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult. The Dungeons reserve the right to refuse entry without explanation. Tickets are not to be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion, voucher or exchanged for cash. Ticket only redeemable at the attraction stated. The Dungeons reserve the right to alter, close or remove details/exhibits without prior notice for technical, operational or other reasons, and that no refunds can be given in these circumstances.
1. Making your booking: The party leader must be authorised to make the booking on the basis of these booking conditions by all persons named on the booking and by their parent or guardian for all party members who are under 18 when the booking is made. The party leader is responsible for making all payments due to us. The party leader must be at least 18 when the booking is made. All bookings must be made online via the website. At the end of the booking process, you are asked to confirm that you have read and agree with our booking conditions. Your booking will be confirmed by a booking reference, we will reconfirm your booking by email. The confirmation is sent to the email address which you enter/provide at the time of making your booking. However if you have spam filtering on your email account, our email might not reach you.
Your email voucher will serve as proof of payment for your attraction ticket. You will need to present this confirmation email at the appropriate entrance to gain entry. You must take the confirmation email with you or you may not gain entry. Please check your booking confirmation carefully as soon as you receive it. Contact us immediately if any information on the confirmation appears to be incorrect or incomplete as it may not be possible to make changes later.
2. Payment: Full payment is required at the time of booking.
3. Your contract: A binding contract between us comes into existence when the final page of the booking confirmation procedure gives you a booking reference. This contract and all matters arising out of it are governed by English law.
4. The cost of your ticket(s): We are committed to providing great value offers on tickets; where possible offering discounts on entrance rates. There are likely to be some seasonal special offers and in some circumstances prices may go up or down. The price of your ticket(s) will be confirmed at the time of booking.
We reserve the right to correct errors in both advertised and confirmed prices. We will do so as soon as we become aware of the error. A total price of your ticket(s) will be given before you confirm your booking which you may accept or not. All prices are for pre-booking and include VAT.
5. Changes by you: Once a booking reference has been issued it will not be possible to amend or transfer your booking.
6. Cancellation by you: Should you or any member of your party need to cancel your booking once it has been confirmed, the party leader must immediately advise us. All cancellations must be made through the call centre. As soon as you cancel, your unique confirmation email voucher will become void and non-redeemable. We regret it is not possible to make refunds in respect of cancelled bookings.
7. Changes and cancellation by us: Occasionally, we have to make changes to and correct errors and other details both before and after bookings have been confirmed and cancel confirmed bookings and we must reserve the right to do so. If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will tell you as soon as possible. If there is time to do so before departure, we will offer you the choice of the following options:
(a) accepting the changed arrangements or
(b) purchasing an alternative ticket offer from us. If the chosen alternative date is less expensive than your original one, we will refund the difference but if it is more expensive, we will not ask you to pay any more
(c) cancelling or accepting the cancellation in which case you will receive a full refund of all monies you have paid to us.
Please note, the above options are not available where any change made is a minor one. In all cases, our liability for significant changes and cancellations is limited to offering you the above mentioned options. We regret we cannot pay any expenses, costs or losses incurred by you as a result of any change or cancellation.
8. Force Majeure: Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss (as more fully described in clause 9 (1) below) as a result of "force majeure". In these booking conditions, "force majeure" means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity or actual threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
9. Our Liability to you
(1) We promise to make sure that the ticket arrangements we have agreed to make, perform or provide as applicable as part of our contract with you are made, performed or provided with reasonable skill and care. This means that, subject to these booking conditions, we will accept responsibility if, for example, you suffer death or personal injury or your contracted arrangements are not provided as promised or prove deficient as a result of the failure of ourselves, our employees, agents or suppliers to use reasonable skill and care in making, performing or providing, as applicable, your contracted arrangements. Please note it is your responsibility to show that reasonable skill and care has not been used if you wish to make a claim against us. In addition, we will only be responsible for what our employees, agents and suppliers do or do not do if they were at the time acting within the course of their employment (for employees) or carrying out work we had asked them to do (for agents and suppliers).
(2) We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (for example loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following:
- the act(s) and/or omission(s) of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party or
- the act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party not connected with the provision of your holiday and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable or
- 'force majeure' as defined in clause 8.
(3) Please note, we cannot accept responsibility for any services which do not form part of our contract. This includes, for example, any additional services or facilities which any supplier agrees to provide for you where the services or facilities are not advertised in our brochure and we have not agreed to arrange them.
(4) The promises we make to you about the services we have agreed to provide or arrange as part of our contract will be used as the basis for deciding whether the services in question had been properly provided.
(5) Please note, we cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss, expense or other sum(s) of any description (1) which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you or (2) which did not result from any breach of contract or other fault by ourselves or our employees or, where we are responsible for them, our suppliers. Additionally we cannot accept liability for any business losses.
(6) You must provide ourselves and our insurers with all assistance we may reasonably require. You must also tell us and the supplier concerned about your claim or complaint as set out in clause 12 below. If asked to do so, you must transfer to us or our insurers any rights you have against the supplier or whoever else is responsible for your claim or complaint (if the person concerned is under 18, their parent or guardian must do so). You must also agree to cooperate fully with us and our insurers if we or our insurers want to enforce any rights which are transferred".
10. Complaints and problems: In the unlikely event that you have any reason to complain or experience any problems with your visit to an attraction, you must immediately inform the supplier of the service(s) in question. Any verbal notification must be put in writing as soon as possible. Until we know about a problem or complaint, we cannot begin to resolve it. You must write to our Visitor Services Team at the attraction you have visited, within 28 days of the end of the visit to the attraction giving your booking reference and full details of your complaint. For all complaints and claims which do not involve death, personal injury or illness, we regret we cannot accept liability if you fail to notify the complaint or claim entirely in accordance with this clause.
11. Your Responsibilities: Bookings are accepted on the understanding that all persons travelling are normally in good health and able to fulfil the physical demands of the attraction visit. It is your responsibility to ensure all members of the party are in possession of all necessary travel and health documents before departure. We cannot accept any liability or associated costs if you are refused entry onto transport or into the attraction country as a result of failure to carry correct documentation.
12. Conditions of Suppliers: Many of the services which make up your visit are provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier's liability to you, usually in accordance with applicable International Conventions (see clause 9 (3)). Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from the supplier concerned.
13. Special Requests and Medical Problems: If you have any special request, you must advise us at the time of booking. Although we will endeavour to pass any reasonable requests on to the relevant supplier, we regret we cannot guarantee any request will be met. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on to the supplier or the inclusion of the special request on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation is not confirmation that the request will be met. Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to availability.
14. Call Monitoring and Recording: As part of our continuing effort to ensure you receive the highest service standards, we may monitor and record your call for training purposes.
15. Directions: Please make sure you have directions to your chosen Dungeon; basic directions are also provided on your email voucher. Directions should be used in conjunction with an up to date map.
16. Parking: Please check parking arrangements. Parking is always at the vehicle owner’s risk.
17. Best Price Guarantee: Book more than 14 days in advance of your visit date and we guarantee that www.thedungeons.com will have the lowest priced priority entrance tickets available. If you find a cheaper price within 7 days of booking, we will match it and refund the difference!
The best price guarantee is subject to availability and times of date. The ticket must be the same in all respects including date, time of entry and admission priority. Excludes offers conditional on buying other products, group bookings or discounted membership schemes. We guarantee the best prices whether you make your purchase in Euros or Sterling, however, due to currency variations we will not consider price comparisons between products purchased in different currencies.
18. Dungeon Ticket Terms and Conditions: Priority entrance tickets give you priority over the general admission queue. There may be a wait at the entrance during busy times, but priority entrance has priority over the main queue and you will gain entry much more quickly during busy times. For priority entrance ticket holders, please join the queue at the priority entrance door and present the booking confirmation at admissions to gain entry to the attraction.
For general admission ticket holders, join the main queue and present your booking confirmation at admissions to gain entry to the attraction. (If in doubt please check first with a Dungeon Keeper at the door which queue to join.).