In History AGE 12-14:
- To identify significant events in Scotland's darkest history
- To explore crime and punishment in Britain between 1485 and late 19th century through live, immersive storytelling, told by mischievous characters.
- Meet and learn about the personal stories of Burke and Hare, Agnes Finnie, Sawney Bean, and many other characters during your journey through history.
- To make sensory connections between the darkest periods in history, engaging with historical concepts like ‘change’ and ‘continuity’.
- To analyse a range of gruesome historical sources.
- To create a passion for history that inspires young learners.
In English and Drama AGE 12-16:
- To explore stories based on actual historic events.
- To identify the features and impact of immersive storytelling.
- To experience a range of dramatic techniques and performance elements that bring history to life.
- To create a passion for drama that inspires young learners.
Beyond the Curriculum:
- Experiencing culture, the arts and heritage
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Improving personal wellbeing
We love it. We know your class will too. Here's why:
- Full-on 360-degree sets with gripping storytelling
- 11 interactive shows and 500 years of history
- State of the art theming and special effects
- 2 thrilling underground rides (height restrictions apply)
- 70 minutes of laughs and screams
Intended for P5-P7, S1-S6 (KS2-KS4), the Dungeon is a unique and interactive learning experience that introduces a range of classroom subjects. Through the Dungeon Tour pupils will experience interactive historical sets touching on key points from Scotland's Curriculum of Excellence Social Studies programme. These bring to life topics covered in Education Scotland's social studies learning resources.
The shows are based on real Scottish history and legends (minus the boring bits). You'll get up close and personal with sinister characters including the infamous Burke & Hare, and our very own Plague Doctor's Assistant to name a few. Here is a tantalising taster of some of our most popular shows and attractions.