Drop Dead: The Grassmarket Gallows
You’ve made it to the Grassmarket and a crowd has gathered to see you pay for your sins...
Lucky you! Your executioner will show you the ‘ropes’.
The crowd cheers and it's your turn to face the drop. The noose is ready as are the judge, priest and executioner. The thrilling gravity-defying drop marks the scary fun end to your Dungeon journey!
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- What it feels like to freefall drop at the gallows
- How quickly one passes into the afterlife
- Just how loud your fellow friends can scream!
- The chain on the Drop Ride is 30m long and each link is the size of a fist!
You're sentenced to hang!
This is an exhilarating vertical free fall drop ride
Minimum height restriction: 1.4 metres
Scary Score: 5/5
The minimum height restrictions for Drop Dead Drop Ride is 1.4 metres. All riders must have the ability to sit upright on the ride and brace themselves against the ride forces; wheelchair users must be able to transfer unaided into and out of the ride seats. The ride is not suitable for guests with:
- Heart complaints or Pacemakers
- Back or Neck complaints
- Broken limbs
- Pregnant guests
- Photosensitive Epilepsy
- Have a condition that may result in injury or complication from riding
The Drop Ride is an optional ride and if you fancy a reprieve, you can skip the ride! We are a Dungeon, but not actual torturers! Please also note that it is not accessible for guests who are unable to walk unaided or guests who cannot use stairs. If you want to skip the rides, just let our actors know (you'll be given the opportunity to opt-out during the tour).
So much fun, it's scary!
- Enjoy entry to the Edinburgh Dungeon, all shows and rides included with ticket purchase
- Guaranteed entry and reschedule for free when you book online
- SAVE UP TO 10% on selected dates