At all our Merlin Entertainments attractions and resorts our Health, Safety and Security are a critical part of our business and our number one priority for our guests and our staff. Our robust procedures have been developed over a number of years with the police and the security services and these remain under constant review.
Before you visit please take a look at the range of security we have in place.
Below is guidance on what cannot be brought into the Edinburgh Dungeon. Please be aware this list is not exhaustive and is subject to change.
- Any item deemed to be a weapon
- Fireworks and/or smoke bombs
- Glass bottles or other articles which may cause injury and/or be deemed offensive or dangerous
- Sharp objects or anything which may be considered a security risk including knives, penknives, scissors, corkscrews, metal nail files, toy or replica guns.
- Intoxicating liquor
- Illegal substances and/or legal highs
- Skateboards, scooters and rollerblades
- For security reasons, no large items of luggage can be brought into the attraction
For further details, please refer to our Terms and Conditions.
WHAT ELSE DO WE DO TO KEEP YOU SAFE?
There are a lot of security measures you can see and of course some you can’t see as well. We monitor our whole attractions 24 hours a day and our dedicated staff are trained to ensure all our guests have a safe, secure and enjoyable time. We are proud to work very closely with the local police service and other members of the security services to ensure our security procedures are up to date and following best practice. We also work with our local and national law enforcement teams to often host plain clothed officers throughout the year which is supports our roaming wider security teams who patrol our attractions both day and night.
As a matter of course, our security team are in regular contact with specialist Government security agencies who provide regular briefings and training to our staff.
HELPING US, TO HELP YOU
As our guests we ask you to remain vigilant in alerting our staff or security teams to anything suspicious and to keep your belongings safe at all times.