Sour Flower Show
- Sunday May 22nd 2022
To celebrate the Royal Chelsea Flower Show, the London Dungeon’s own Queen, Mrs Lovett, launched her alternative Sour Flower Show, filled with flowers specifically designed to insult the recipient.
Insulting with flowers and foliage was a common practice in the Victorian era and gave everyone the chance to tell the noisy neighbour or the clingy partner how they really felt.
Fortunately for guests who want to tell someone what they really think about them (without telling them), Mrs Lovett has got green fingered so guests can put two fingers up to a person of their choice. She’s handpicked the following and written helpful descriptions to help guests choose:
- Sunflowers- Check oneself before you wreck oneself. Give this to any traitor who needs to be taken down a peg or two
- Yellow Roses- It wasn't you, it was me... and someone else. Give this to a peasant to say sorry I cheated
- Black Rose - Black like the colour of Sweeney's Todd's Heart - give this to any 'orrible peasant to tell them they are dead to you
- Buttercups - Grow up traitor! - give this to any unfortunate soul who still acts like a baby
- Orange Lilies- There's a fine line between love and hate, but this is just hate - give this to your mortal enemy to let them know you hate them and wish them a lifetime full of unhappiness
- Basil Plant- You stick around like a bad smell - give this to any putrid peasants who stink up the place and need a bath
Who would you like to give a bad-mouthing bouquet to??