Mary King's Close
Watch out for shouts of “Garde Loo!”
You’ll meet the Foul Clenger – or plague cleaner - as they tell you the true story of Edinburgh’s most famous plague close. You’ll learn how to spot the signs of plague – so look out for itches in your sweaty bits, or buboes on your pits. Is that just a cough you say? Too late, you’ll be locked away!
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- What was life really like in a 17th century Edinburgh close?
- How did the Foul Clenger tackle the plague?
- What will it take to get you out of quarantine?
- We don't use real wee for the “Garde Loos”. We also lie.
Welcome to 17th-century Edinburgh where the streets are filthy and the plague is rife!
Scary Score: 2/5
Boils, buboes and sweaty bits, the plague really is... the pits!
So much fun, it's scary!
- Enjoy entry to the Edinburgh Dungeon, all shows and rides included with ticket purchase
- Guaranteed entry and reschedule for free when you book online
- SAVE UP TO 10% on selected dates