Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I obliged to participate if I am chosen by the actor?
We don't oblige anyone to participate, but it is an interactive experience so it may be that an actor invites you or picks you out. This has never been agreed in advance and the actors do not know this about each other. So it may be that you are not chosen the entire tour or just a few times.
- How long does a tour take?
A tour takes about 60 minutes.
- How long do I stand in line before a tour starts?
The time on your ticket is the time you can enter the queue. We always try to keep the waiting time to a maximum of 15 minutes.
- How many people can join a tour?
Up to 30 people. If you come with more than 30 people, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In which languages are the tours?
We have Dutch and English tours, you can indicate which language you wish to have at the checkout.
- What are the opening hours?
- What is the minimum age for a visit?
We recommend a minimum age of 10 years. However, we do not check for date of birth at the cash register and assume that the adult supervisor makes the assessment whether the child is old enough. Children up to the age of 12 must always be in the company of someone over the age of 16.
- What is the nearest train station?
Amsterdam Central Station is a ten – fifteen minute walk away from The Amsterdam Dungeon. You walk out of the front of the station over the Damrak to the Dam. A little bit about the Rokin and you will find us.
You can also take the tram to Dam Square: Tram 2, 11, 12, 13, 17 stop Magna Plaza/Dam/Tram 4, 14, 24 stop Rokin
You can also come to us with the North/South metro line 52. Get off at the Rokin stop and take the exit towards the Spui.
- When does a new tour start?
A new tour starts every 15 minutes. You can indicate at the box office whether you want to do the tour in Dutch or English.
- Where are the nearest bus boarding and disembarking stops?
- Where is The Amsterdam Dungeon located?
The Amsterdam Dungeon is located at Rokin 78, in the heart of the centre of Amsterdam. For more information, check out our Location and Route page
- Where is the nearest parking garage?
The Amsterdam Dungeon is also accessible by car. There are several parking facilities nearby, including the Rokin car park and Q-Park De Bijenkorf. These are both a few minutes' walk from The Amsterdam Dungeon.
- I have already purchased tickets through a third party or an auction site. How can I reserve a time slot?
Please follow the instructions on the voucher the ticket seller send you
- Can I buy tickets at the box office?
This is possible, but then we cannot guarantee that you can enter immediately, if the time slot is full. Since this is regularly the case, we therefore advise you to buy a ticket via our website. You can pay at the cash desk in different ways: cash, PIN, American Express, Maestro, Master Card and Visa.
- Can I change my time slot afterwards?
Yes, it is now possible to change your time slot or visit date up to 5 times via our Booking Portal. To log in, you will need the confirmation number of your booking and the email address you used for the booking. If that does not work, you can contact the customer care center.
- I want to book a time slot for a Lovers cruise, how does that work?
At The Amsterdam Dungeon , combination tickets can be purchased with a canal cruise. On your purchase ticket there is a UNIQUE code (ticket number) for Lovers which you can redeem on http://www.lovers.nl/merlin.
You select the number of tickets and the time slot here. After this you can enter the UNIQUE code. Press buy and the tickets will be sent to your e-mail address.
The boarding point for the boat trip is located at Prins Hendrikkade 25-27.
- I want to book a time slot for Madame Tussauds how can I do that?
Click here for the booking portal.
Madame Tussauds' address is Dam 20, less than a 5-minute walk from The Amsterdam Dungeon.
- I want to book a time slot for THIS IS HOLLAND, how do I do that?
Step 1: For single tickets, choose the 'REGULAR TICKET' Step 2: Choose your date, time, number of tickets Step 3: After payment button, enter the promo code that is BELOW the barcode Step 4: Enter your details: name and email address Step 5: Press 'checkout and the tickets will be sent to you by mail
The address of THIS IS HOLLAND is Overhoeksplein 51 Amsterdam. On the IJ side of Amsterdam Central Station, a free ferry (Veer F3-Buiksloterweg) departs every 4 minutes and takes you to Noord within 3 minutes.
- Can I buy photos at The Amsterdam Dungeon
Yes, the photos that are taken before you start with the attraction can be purchased afterwards. You will receive a photo card upon arrival. You can view the photos in the gift shop and decide whether to buy or not.
- Can I bring my camera?
Unfortunately, no photos may be taken during the shows.
- What is the website to collect the pictures I purchased?
- Does The Amsterdam Dungeon offer special school prices?
We have special prices for schools. A condition for this price is that one can prove that it is a school and that every ten students have one supervisor. For more information, we would like to refer you to our school page.
- I regularly bring groups to The Amsterdam Dungeon, do I get a discount for this?
If you regularly bring groups to The Amsterdam Dungeon, we use special trade prices. For this you can best email us via email@example.com. Enter the name and address of the company. You can also make a group booking via the website.
- Where are the nearest bus boarding and disembarking stops?
Find more detailed information about accessibility here
- I am pregnant, can I participate?
Pregnant guests and guests with back or neck complaints should alert a member of staff upon entering, who will give instructions that you should take into account.
- Can You visit The Amsterdam Dungeon with a wheelchair?
Yes, The Amsterdam Dungeon can be visited in a wheelchair (max. 1 inside at a time), but it may be that the wheelchair user has to wait a while at some shows.
The Amsterdam Dungeon is not suitable for battery powered electric wheelchairs or mobility scooters. For more information click here
- When is it not advisable to visit the Amsterdam Dungeon?
- The Amsterdam Dungeon is not suitable for people suffering from claustrophobia
- The Amsterdam Dungeon is very dark and people with impaired vision or visual impairment may have difficulty navigating the attraction. Due to health and safety regulations, guide dogs are not allowed in the Amsterdam Dungeon. Furthermore, the attraction could upset some dogs.
- The Dungeon is not suitable for people who are nervous in nature or for very young children: the parent / guardian must make the right decision. The Amsterdam Dungeon has a recommended age of 10 years and older.
Still haven't found what you were looking for? Our customercare team is available every working day (mon to fri) from 9am to 5pm to answer all your questions!