Take your students on a 60 minute journey through over 100 years of real Bay Area history!
The experience features a full cast of actors, special effects, 360 degree sets, witty comedy, and scary surprises! Intended for students in grades 6-12, this is a unique and fun introduction to a range of classroom subjects, including History and Performing Arts.
We love it. We know your class will too. Here's why:
- Historically authentic 360 degree sets and tales of the city's past
- Nine interactive shows about San Francisco's sinister history
- State of the art special effects
- Laughs, screams, and top-notch actors
The shows are based on real San Francisco history and legends (minus the boring bits). You'll get up close and personal with sinister characters including the infamous Shanghai Kelly and and our very own Plague Doctor's Assistant, to name a few.
Your students should walk away from the experience with the following:
- Understanding of key events from San Francisco's darkest history
- Confidence to get involved in audience participation
- Performing Arts in action – role play, costume, language and voice projection
- Social/interactive opportunity with fellow pupils
To book your school trip, or for further information, please �email us.
We know cost is important when arranging a field trip, so our schools pricing is heavily discounted for all school visits to ensure you get the best value for money.
- Get tickets for as low as $6 per student!
- Get one FREE teacher/chaperone ticket for every 10 paid students
Group minimum of 10 people. Please make a reservation at least 2 days before your visit. No outside food is permitted in the attraction.
To book your field trip, or for further information, please email us here.
HEAR FROM A SCHOOL:
"We had a great experience at the San Francisco Dungeon. The tour itself was not only funny, entertaining, and engaging, but extremely educational and informative as my students learned about the origins of San Francisco including the gold rush, early gangs of San Francisco, and the Black Plague.
The actors were great; they adapted well to student comments and responses, and struck the perfect balance of being informative, funny, and a bit scary! Not only did students learn on their visit to the Dungeon, but it was also a great bonding experience for our classroom community as a whole.
Experiencing the Dungeon together brought us all closer and had my students telling stories to each other and their friends. I would highly recommend a trip to the San Francisco Dungeon!"
Galileo Academy of Science & Technology
PAIN KILLER FOR TEACHERS
We take the torture out of planning your school trip with a range of helpful benefits:
- Free teacher tickets - for every 10 students, 1 teacher goes free!
- Free educator resources related to your visit: