Okay... here we go. Boring but important. We were going to try to pretty it up a bit... but really, are you bothered. There is a kind of dumb bravery to this. Read on. We salute you... and we'll be waiting for you... in the bar probably.
Website Use Policy
The Dungeon is not suitable for people of a nervous disposition or very young children: entry is at the discretion of the parent/guardian. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult 18 or older. The Dungeons reserve the right to refuse entry without explanation. Tickets purchased online or in advance are not to be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion, voucher or exchanged for cash. Ticket only redeemable at the attraction stated. The Dungeons reserve the right to alter, close or remove details/exhibits/rides without prior notice for technical, operational or other reasons, and that no refunds or price reductions can be given in these circumstances.
All tickets for the San Francisco Dungeon, whether they be purchased from the San Francisco Dungeon directly, the Merlin Contact Center, other Merlin Attractions or third party sellers are purchased on a non refundable and non transferable basis.
The San Francisco Dungeon and The Merlin Entertainments Group shall have no liability for any loss or damage arising on the premises, and accept no liability for travel expenses or any other out of pocket expenses incurred.
1. Making your booking: The party leader must be authorised to make the booking on the basis of these booking conditions by all persons named on the booking and by their parent or guardian for all party members who are under 18 when the booking is made. The party leader is responsible for making all payments due to us. The party leader must be at least 18 when the booking is made. All bookings must be made online via the website. At the end of the booking process, you are asked to confirm that you have read and agree with our booking conditions. Your booking will be confirmed by a reference number or a print @ home ticket (if you select this options), we will reconfirm your booking by email. The confirmation is sent to the email address which you enter/provide at the time of making your booking. However if you have spam filtering on your email account, our email might not reach you.
Your email voucher will serve as proof of payment for your attraction ticket. If you are collecting your tickets at the attraction, you will need to present this confirmation email at the appropriate entrance to gain entry. You must take the confirmation email with you or you may not gain entry. If you selected the print @ home option, you must bring a printed version of your ticket with you. Please check your booking confirmation carefully as soon as you receive it. Contact us immediately if any information on the confirmation appears to be incorrect or incomplete as it may not be possible to make changes later.
Please arrive within your designated 15 minute show time, failure to do so may result in an extended wait. If you need to collect your tickets at the attraction then please allow enough time to collect them before your show begins. Your confirmation alone, will not provide you with immediate entry into the San Francisco Dungeon. Please note that during peak periods there may be a wait to enter the attraction.
2. Payment: Full payment is required at the time of booking.
3. Your contract: A binding contract between us comes into existence when the final page of the booking confirmation procedure gives you a booking reference. This contract and all matters arising out of it are governed by English law.
4. The cost of your ticket(s): We are committed to providing great value offers on tickets; where possible offering discounts on entrance rates. There are likely to be some seasonal special offers and in some circumstances prices may go up or down. The price of your ticket(s) will be confirmed at the time of booking.
We reserve the right to correct errors in both advertised and confirmed prices. We will do so as soon as we become aware of the error. A total price of your ticket(s) will be given before you confirm your booking which you may accept or not. All prices are for pre-booking and include VAT.
5. Changes by you: Once a booking reference has been issued it will not be possible to amend or transfer your booking.
6. Cancellation by you: Should you or any member of your party need to cancel your booking once it has been confirmed, the party leader must immediately contact the provider of your ticket. As soon as you cancel, your unique confirmation email voucher will become void and non-redeemable. We regret it is not possible to make refunds in respect of cancelled bookings. If you have any questions please contact our Guest Experience team on firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Changes and cancellation by us: Occasionally, we have to make changes to and correct errors and other details both before and after bookings have been confirmed and cancel confirmed bookings and we must reserve the right to do so. If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will tell you as soon as possible. If there is time to do so before departure, we will offer you the choice of the following options:
- (a) accepting the changed arrangements or
- (b) purchasing an alternative ticket offer from us. If the chosen alternative date is less expensive than your original one, we will refund the difference but if it is more expensive, we will not ask you to pay any more
- (c) cancelling or accepting the cancellation in which case you will receive a full refund of all monies you have paid to us.
Please note, the above options are not available where any change made is a minor one. In all cases, our liability for significant changes and cancellations is limited to offering you the above mentioned options. We regret we cannot pay any expenses, costs or losses incurred by you as a result of any change or cancellation.
8. Force Majeure: Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss (as more fully described in clause 9 (1) below) as a result of "force majeure". In these booking conditions, "force majeure" means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity or actual threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
9. Our Liability to you
(1) We promise to make sure that the ticket arrangements we have agreed to make, perform or provide as applicable as part of our contract with you are made, performed or provided with reasonable skill and care. This means that, subject to these booking conditions, we will accept responsibility if, for example, you suffer death or personal injury or your contracted arrangements are not provided as promised or prove deficient as a result of the failure of ourselves, our employees, agents or suppliers to use reasonable skill and care in making, performing or providing, as applicable, your contracted arrangements. Please note it is your responsibility to show that reasonable skill and care has not been used if you wish to make a claim against us. In addition, we will only be responsible for what our employees, agents and suppliers do or do not do if they were at the time acting within the course of their employment (for employees) or carrying out work we had asked them to do (for agents and suppliers).
(2) We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (for example loss of enjoyment), damage arising including any distress, inconvenience or anxiety caused during the course of the experience, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following:
- the act(s) and/or omission(s) of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party or
- the act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party not connected with the provision of your visit and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable or
- 'force majeure' as defined in clause 8.
(3) Please note, we cannot accept responsibility for any services which do not form part of our contract. This includes, for example, any additional services or facilities which any supplier agrees to provide for you where the services or facilities are not advertised in our brochure and we have not agreed to arrange them.
(4) The promises we make to you about the services we have agreed to provide or arrange as part of our contract will be used as the basis for deciding whether the services in question had been properly provided.
(5) Please note, we cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss, expense or other sum(s) of any description (1) which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you or (2) which did not result from any breach of contract or other fault by ourselves or our employees or, where we are responsible for them, our suppliers. Additionally we cannot accept liability for any business losses.
(6) You must provide ourselves and our insurers with all assistance we may reasonably require. You must also tell us and the supplier concerned about your claim or complaint as set out in clause 12 below. If asked to do so, you must transfer to us or our insurers any rights you have against the supplier or whoever else is responsible for your claim or complaint (if the person concerned is under 18, their parent or guardian must do so). You must also agree to cooperate fully with us and our insurers if we or our insurers want to enforce any rights which are transferred".
10. Complaints and problems: In the unlikely event that you have any reason to complain or experience any problems with your visit to an attraction, you must immediately inform the supplier of the service(s) in question. Any verbal notification must be put in writing as soon as possible. Until we know about a problem or complaint, we cannot begin to resolve it. You must write to our Guest Experience Team at the attraction you have visited, within 28 days of the end of the visit to the attraction giving your booking reference and full details of your complaint. For all complaints and claims which do not involve death, personal injury or illness, we regret we cannot accept liability if you fail to notify the complaint or claim entirely in accordance with this clause.
11. Your Responsibilities: Bookings are accepted on the understanding that all persons travelling are normally in good health and able to fulfil the physical demands of the attraction visit. It is your responsibility to ensure all members of the party are in possession of all necessary travel and health documents before departure. We cannot accept any liability or associated costs if you are refused entry onto transport or into the attraction country as a result of failure to carry correct documentation.
12. Conditions of Suppliers: Many of the services which make up your visit are provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier's liability to you, usually in accordance with applicable International Conventions (see clause 9 (3)). Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from the supplier concerned.
13. Special Requests and Medical Problems: If you have any special request, you must advise us at the time of booking. Although we will endeavour to pass any reasonable requests on to the relevant supplier, we regret we cannot guarantee any request will be met. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on to the supplier or the inclusion of the special request on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation is not confirmation that the request will be met. Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to availability.
14. Call Monitoring and Recording: As part of our continuing effort to ensure you receive the highest service standards, we may monitor and record your call for training purposes.
15. Directions: Please make sure you have directions to your chosen Dungeon; basic directions are also provided on your email voucher. Directions should be used in conjunction with an up to date map.
16. Parking: Please check parking arrangements. Parking is always at the vehicle owner’s risk.
17. Best Price Guarantee: Book more than 14 days in advance of your visit date and we guarantee that www.thedungeons.com will have the lowest priced entrance tickets available. If you find a cheaper price within 7 days of booking, we will match it and refund the difference!
The best price guarantee is subject to availability and times of date. The ticket must be the same in all respects including date, time of entry and admission priority. Excludes offers conditional on buying other products, group bookings or discounted membership schemes. We guarantee the best prices whether you make your purchase in US Dollars, however, due to currency variations we will not consider price comparisons between products purchased in different currencies.
18. Dungeon Ticket Terms and Conditions: Pre-booked tickets give you guaranteed entry.These can only be obtained through thedungeons.com and the Merlin Contact Center. All other tickets holders must book into specific timeslots on the day of arrival.
For general admission ticket holders, join the main queue and present your booking confirmation at admissions to gain entry to the attraction. (If in doubt please check first with an assistant at the door which queue to join.).
19. Combo Ticket Terms and Conditions: When purchasing a combo ticket, the Dungeons element of the ticket is for a specific date. The Madame Tussauds attraction visit is not booked for specific dates. You must visit these attractions after your visit to the San Francisco Dungeon or up to one calendar month after your Dungeons visit. Combo tickets cannot be purchased without a Dungeons visit.
Combo tickets purchased from another attraction such as Madame Tussauds do not include priority entry and you will be required to join the general admission queue line. Upgrades are not available.
From time to time Merlin Entertainments Plc or other authorised parties carry out photography and/or video recording in the Attraction, which may feature guests. Entry to the Attraction is deemed acceptance of these Entry Conditions, and you therefore agree that Merlin or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with Merlin or such authorised party (as the case may be).
Once your tour begins, you are required to turn off all mobile devices and are strictly prohibited from undertaking any photography and/or filming of the tour. The management team reserves the right to refuse entry and to remove immediately anyone found or suspected of being in contravention of this requirement from the attraction without a refund.
Merlin Entertainments Group Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Merlin Entertainments (Dungeons) Ltd of Link House, 25 West Street, Poole, Dorset, BH15 1LD.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your bookings including your credit/debit card details.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Your name, address, telephone number and/or email address in order to contact you with details of your booking or in the unlikely event that we need to contact you urgently about your booking.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. Your IP address may also be used to diagnose problems with our server, monitor visitor traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop and improve our site further.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
Your data will not be used in this way and we will not pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes unless you tick the relevant box located on our sign-up page
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Merlin Entertainments Group Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
WEBSITE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.thedungeons.com (our site). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use.
www.thedungeons.com is a site operated by Merlin Entertainments Group Limited (we or us). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 5022287 and we have our registered office at:
25 West Street
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards set out below.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms.
- Bulletin boards.
- Photo/video galleries.
- Social media feeds.
- Customer service chat facilities.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
CHANGES TO THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.