Facilities & Accessibility
Hamburg Dungeon will open again on June 18th!
Please note our changed opening hours: Thursday and Friday 12 to 17 h, Saturday 10 to 18 h, Sunday 11 to 16 h.
There are no English tours available at the moment!
From now on you will also be able to amend your booking yourself. It is possible to amend your visit date up to 5 times via our booking portal. To register, you need the confirmation number of your booking and the e-mail address you used for the booking.
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19): WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Special times also require special measures and the well-being and health of our visitors and staff has the highest priority. Therefore, we ask you to observe the following rules in the Dungeon:
- For a visit you need a negative corona test (rapid test from an approved test centre/testing centre not older than 24 hours, PCR test not older than 48 hours) or alternatively proof of vaccination (EU approved vaccine, last vaccination at least 14 days ago) or proof of recovery (positive PCR test, min. 28 days and max. 6 months old).
- Please keep at least 1.5m distance from other guests.
- Wearing a medical mask (FFP2 or FFP3 without valve, KN95 or OP mask) is obligatory for all guests during their visit. We cannot and will not make any exceptions, not even in the case of a mask exemption.
- Please observe the hygiene rules (washing hands, sneezing and coughing etiquette, etc.).
- Use our disinfection facilities at the entrance and inside our attraction.
- We currently only accept cashless payment in our shop. If you have any signs of infection or come into contact with anyone with a confirmed infection, please contact the Health Department and reschedule your visit.
Please note above all that admission is currently ONLY possible with an online ticket purchased in advance - the box office is closed! This is the only way we can keep to the strict capacity limits and avoid waiting times for you.
Right next to the Dungeon is a public DRK Corona Test Centre where you can be tested free of charge every day between 8am and 6pm. You can book an appointment for the Corona test at www.terminland.eu/drk-ambulanzdienst at the DRK Hamburg-Harburg e.V. test centre, Kehrwieder 2 (Speicherstadt), 20457 Hamburg.
We don’t really want to know what you do in your spare time … but we offer you the chance to take home your private torture devices. The ‘chappy chopper’ is a great souvenir of the Hamburg Dungeon or makes a perfect present for a (male) friend.
You will find great souvenirs and gimmicks to take home in our shop – you can have your own little piece of the Hamburg Dungeon.
A visit to the Hamburg Dungeon needs to be captured on camera! At the start of your journey, we will take your picture. At the end of your experience you can check whether you like your photo and, if you do, take it home with you.
We cannot allow guests to take their own cameras into the Dungeon as it will cause a distraction to our actors and other guests; therefore it is strictly prohibited to take pictures during your tour.
Male and female lavatories are located in the admissions area and at the end. A toilet with disabled access is located at the end (in our shop). Please use them before entering the Dungeon – we want to make sure you don’t wet yourself.
The Hamburg Dungeon welcomes everybody! We allow wheelchair access (up to 220kg/485lbs) throughout all our shows, with the exception of the rides. Unfortunately we cannot accommodate access to guests with electric wheelchairs.
You will be required to stand for most of the 90-minute Hamburg Dungeon tour; seating is very limited.
HEARING IMPAIRED GUESTS
The Hamburg Dungeon experience is largely delivered by actors and voiceover audio, often in low light levels. Therefore guests with hearing difficulties may struggle to experience the attraction fully.
If you have any concerns about any part of the Dungeon tour, please don’t hesitate to ask a member of staff for advice. We are here to help.
We recommend the experience is suitable for children 10 years and above, but this is at the discretion of the parent or guardian. No access for children under the age of 8 years.
Unfortunately ,we do not offer lockers to lock in your belongings and suitcases. Please leave them at your home, hotel room or at the central station. Thank you.