Facilities & Accessibility
Attention! As of now, the Hamburg Dungeon is subject to the "2G+ rule" according to a resolution of the Hamburg Senate.
Only vaccinated and recovered persons with a valid negative Covid-19 test are allowed to enter. Wearing a medical / FFP2 mask is still mandatory. Please remember that Corona regulations require us to check test & vaccination certificates with photo ID!
Please note that there are no English tours available at the moment!
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19): WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Special times also require special measures and the well-being and health of our visitors and staff has the highest priority. Therefore, we ask you to observe the following rules in the Dungeon:
We have to apply the "2G Plus rule". This means that only vaccinated or recovered persons with a valid negative Covid-19 test result have access to the Hamburg Dungeon.
-> Proof of vaccination in the original (CovPass app or yellow WHO vaccination book or proof from a German vaccination centre) + photo ID. Please note that we can only accept and check these vaccination certificates
-> The test must be taken at an approved test centre. Antigen test not older than 24 hours, PCR test not older than 48 hours.
-> Official positive PCR test result (at least 28 days and maximum 6 months old) + photo ID.
- The 2G Plus rule does not apply to children and adolescents under 16 years of age. All pupils of public schools in Germany are exempt from the test obligation, but proof of school attendance (pupil ID, pupil ticket, etc.) is required.
- There is still an obligation to wear a medical / FFP2 mask Mask obligation, not least to protect unvaccinated children and young people. This applies at all times throughout the Dungeon, including during the photo!
- Please bring a photo ID (or driving licence) with you, as we are obliged by Hamburg's Corona Ordinance to check test and vaccination certificates on a person-by-person basis! We will not and are not allowed to make any exceptions here.
- Please observe the hygiene rules (washing hands, sneezing and coughing etiquette, etc.).
- Use our disinfection facilities at the entrance and inside our attraction.
- We currently only accept cashless payment in our shop. If you have any signs of infection or come into contact with anyone with a confirmed infection, please contact the Health Department and reschedule your visit.
Please note above all that admission is currently ONLY possible with an online ticket purchased in advance - the box office is closed! This is the only way we can keep to the strict capacity limits and avoid waiting times for you.
We don’t really want to know what you do in your spare time … but we offer you the chance to take home your private torture devices. The ‘chappy chopper’ is a great souvenir of the Hamburg Dungeon or makes a perfect present for a (male) friend.
You will find great souvenirs and gimmicks to take home in our shop – you can have your own little piece of the Hamburg Dungeon.
A visit to the Hamburg Dungeon needs to be captured on camera! At the start of your journey, we will take your picture. At the end of your experience you can check whether you like your photo and, if you do, take it home with you.
We cannot allow guests to take their own cameras into the Dungeon as it will cause a distraction to our actors and other guests; therefore it is strictly prohibited to take pictures during your tour.
Male and female lavatories are located in the admissions area and at the end. A toilet with disabled access is located at the end (in our shop). Please use them before entering the Dungeon – we want to make sure you don’t wet yourself.
The Hamburg Dungeon welcomes everybody! We allow wheelchair access (up to 220kg/485lbs) throughout all our shows, with the exception of the rides. Unfortunately we cannot accommodate access to guests with electric wheelchairs.
You will be required to stand for most of the 90-minute Hamburg Dungeon tour; seating is very limited.
HEARING IMPAIRED GUESTS
The Hamburg Dungeon experience is largely delivered by actors and voiceover audio, often in low light levels. Therefore guests with hearing difficulties may struggle to experience the attraction fully.
If you have any concerns about any part of the Dungeon tour, please don’t hesitate to ask a member of staff for advice. We are here to help.
We recommend the experience is suitable for children 10 years and above, but this is at the discretion of the parent or guardian. No access for children under the age of 8 years.
Unfortunately ,we do not offer lockers to lock in your belongings and suitcases. Please leave them at your home, hotel room or at the central station. Thank you.