Klaus Störtebeker at the Hamburg Dungeon
Treason and Execution: talk to the head of Klaus Störtebeker!
The talking head of Klaus Störtebeker serves as the highlight of the new staging of the life and death of the legendary pirate. The most innovative projectors help bring the head of the revered “Likedeeler” back to life, making it seem almost deceptively real as Störtebeker interacts with his pirate crew. Over the course of three shows you will become a part of this pirate crew which intends to save their beloved leader from execution in the year 1401.
After a rocky trip to the Grasbrook, anchor yourself and take a deep breath because now you will bear witness to Störtebeker’s beheading – and how his head, after it has been placed on a spike – starts speaking. Blood lust permeates the air: will it be your head that rolls next?
- Störtebeker is captured by the Hanse!
- Waiting for his execution, he strikes a peculiar deal: as soon as he is beheaded, he would rise up and walk past his crew. The further his headless body would walk, the more men would be released by the city council.
- Now his crew wants revenge. Will they win the fight against the Hanse?
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Who can you trust?
- Who is the most qualified leader?
- Will you and your crew be able to take revenge for Störtebeker’s fate?
HAMBURG DUNGEON UNCOVERED
The effect of the Störtebeker-head is created by employing unique video technology: moving images are projected onto the model of an actor’s real head. While these images are being filmed, the actor’s head is secured is such a manner that it cannot move, thereby assuring that he will have to rely solely on his facial expressions to tell his story. Together, the mold and the projection create the perfect optical illusion – special effects that you could never find in a museum!