Mary King's Close
Welcome to 17th-century Edinburgh where the streets are filthy and the plague is rife! Watch out for shouts of “Garde Loo!”
You’ll meet the Foul Clenger – or plague cleaner - as they tell you the true story of Edinburgh’s most famous plague close. You’ll learn how to spot the signs of plague – so look out for itches in your sweaty bits, or buboes on your pits. Is that just a cough you say? Too late, you’ll be locked away!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- What was life really like in a 17th century Edinburgh close?
- How did the Foul Clenger tackle the plague?
- What will it take to get you out of quarantine?
We don't use real wee for the “Garde Loos”. We also lie.
Save up to 20% when you book in advance online
All shows and rides are included with a ticket purchase. Guarantee your time-slot entry and SAVE UP TO 20% when you BOOK ONLINE in advance.
£15.00 Per adult
- Child ticket £13
- Timed entry
- Scary fun guaranteed
£17.00 Per adult
- Child ticket £15
- Flexible entry time
- Fast Track Queue Line
£24.00 Per adult
- Child ticket £22
- Fast track entry and VIP queue line
- Souvenir photo and guidebook!
£24.95 Per Person
- Strictly for adults only!
- Bolder, darker, SCARIER tour!
- 2020 dates now live!