Okay... here we go. Boring but important. We were going to try to pretty it up a bit... but really, are you bothered. There is a kind of dumb bravery to this. Read on. We salute you... and we'll be waiting for you... in the bar probably.
The Dungeon is not suitable for people of a nervous disposition or very young children: entry is at the discretion of the parent/guardian. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult 16 or older. The Dungeons reserve the right to refuse entry without explanation. Tickets are not to be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion, voucher or exchanged for cash. Ticket only redeemable at the attraction stated. The Dungeon reserves the right to alter, close or remove details/exhibits without prior notice for technical, operational or other reasons, and that no refunds can be given in these circumstances.
1. Making your booking: The party leader must be authorised to make the booking on the basis of these booking conditions by all persons named on the booking and by their parent or guardian for all party members who are under 18 when the booking is made. The party leader is responsible for making all payments due to us. The party leader must be at least 18 when the booking is made. All bookings must be made online via the website. At the end of the booking process, you are asked to confirm that you have read and agree with our booking conditions. Your booking will be confirmed by a booking reference; we will reconfirm your booking by email. The confirmation is sent to the email address which you enter/provide at the time of making your booking. However if you have spam filtering on your email account, our email might not reach you. Please check your email address carefully when entering as we cannot reissue confirmation emails if you input an incorrect address.
Your booking reference will serve as proof of payment for your attraction ticket. You will need to present this booking reference at the appropriate entrance to gain entry. You must take the booking reference number with you or you may not gain entry. Please check your booking confirmation carefully as soon as you receive it. Contact us immediately if any information on the confirmation appears to be incorrect or incomplete as it may not be possible to make changes later.
2. Payment: Full payment is required at the time of booking.
3. Your contract: A binding contract between us comes into existence when the final page of the booking confirmation procedure gives you a booking reference. This contract and all matters arising out of it are governed by English law.
4. The cost of your ticket(s): We are committed to providing great value offers on tickets; where possible offering discounts on entrance rates. There are likely to be some seasonal special offers and in some circumstances prices may go up or down. The price of your ticket(s) will be confirmed at the time of booking.
We reserve the right to correct errors in both advertised and confirmed prices. We will do so as soon as we become aware of the error. A total price of your ticket(s) will be given before you confirm your booking which you may accept or not. All prices are for pre-booking and include VAT.
5. Changes by you: Once a booking reference has been issued it will not be possible to amend or transfer your booking.
6. Cancellation by you: Should you or any member of your party need to cancel your booking once it has been confirmed, the party leader must immediately advise us. All cancellations must be made through the call centre. As soon as you cancel, your unique confirmation email voucher will become void and non-redeemable. We regret it is not possible to make refunds in respect of cancelled bookings.
7. Changes and cancellation by us: Occasionally, we have to make changes to and correct errors and other details both before and after bookings have been confirmed and cancel confirmed bookings and we must reserve the right to do so. If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will tell you as soon as possible. If there is time to do so before departure, we will offer you the choice of the following options:
Please note, the above options are not available where any change made is a minor one. In all cases, our liability for significant changes and cancellations is limited to offering you the above mentioned options. We regret we cannot pay any expenses, costs or losses incurred by you as a result of any change or cancellation.
8. Force Majeure: Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss (as more fully described in clause 9 (1) below) as a result of "force majeure". In these booking conditions, "force majeure" means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity or actual threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
9. Our Liability to you
(1) We promise to make sure that the ticket arrangements we have agreed to make, perform or provide as applicable as part of our contract with you are made, performed or provided with reasonable skill and care. This means that, subject to these booking conditions, we will accept responsibility if, for example, you suffer death or personal injury or your contracted arrangements are not provided as promised or prove deficient as a result of the failure of ourselves, our employees, agents or suppliers to use reasonable skill and care in making, performing or providing, as applicable, your contracted arrangements. Please note it is your responsibility to show that reasonable skill and care has not been used if you wish to make a claim against us. In addition, we will only be responsible for what our employees, agents and suppliers do or do not do if they were at the time acting within the course of their employment (for employees) or carrying out work we had asked them to do (for agents and suppliers).
(2) We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (for example loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following:
(3) Please note, we cannot accept responsibility for any services which do not form part of our contract. This includes, for example, any additional services or facilities which any supplier agrees to provide for you where the services or facilities are not advertised in our brochure and we have not agreed to arrange them.
(4) The promises we make to you about the services we have agreed to provide or arrange as part of our contract will be used as the basis for deciding whether the services in question had been properly provided.
(5) Please note, we cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss, expense or other sum(s) of any description (1) which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you or (2) which did not result from any breach of contract or other fault by ourselves or our employees or, where we are responsible for them, our suppliers. Additionally we cannot accept liability for any business losses.
(6) You must provide ourselves and our insurers with all assistance we may reasonably require. You must also tell us and the supplier concerned about your claim or complaint as set out in clause 12 below. If asked to do so, you must transfer to us or our insurers any rights you have against the supplier or whoever else is responsible for your claim or complaint (if the person concerned is under 18, their parent or guardian must do so). You must also agree to cooperate fully with us and our insurers if we or our insurers want to enforce any rights which are transferred".
10. Complaints and problems: In the unlikely event that you have any reason to complain or experience any problems with your visit to an attraction, you must immediately inform the supplier of the service(s) in question. Any verbal notification must be put in writing as soon as possible. Until we know about a problem or complaint, we cannot begin to resolve it. You must write to our Visitor Services Team at the attraction you have visited, within 28 days of the end of the visit to the attraction giving your booking reference and full details of your complaint. For all complaints and claims which do not involve death, personal injury or illness, we regret we cannot accept liability if you fail to notify the complaint or claim entirely in accordance with this clause.
11. Your Responsibilities: Bookings are accepted on the understanding that all persons travelling are normally in good health and able to fulfil the physical demands of the attraction visit. It is your responsibility to ensure all members of the party are in possession of all necessary travel and health documents before departure. We cannot accept any liability or associated costs if you are refused entry onto transport or into the attraction country as a result of failure to carry correct documentation.
12. Conditions of Suppliers: Many of the services which make up your visit are provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier's liability to you, usually in accordance with applicable International Conventions (see clause 9 (3)). Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from the supplier concerned.
13. Special Requests and Medical Problems: If you have any special requests, you must advise us at the time of booking. Although we will endeavour to pass any reasonable requests on to the relevant supplier, we regret we cannot guarantee any request will be met. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on to the supplier or the inclusion of the special request on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation is not confirmation that the request will be met. Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to availability.
14. Call Monitoring and Recording: As part of our continuing effort to ensure you receive the highest service standards, we may monitor and record your call for training purposes.
15. Directions: Please make sure you have directions to your chosen Dungeon; basic directions are also provided on your confirmation email. Directions should be used in conjunction with an up to date map.
16. Parking: Please check parking arrangements. Parking is always at the vehicle owner’s risk.
17. Best Price Guarantee: Book more than 14 days in advance of your visit date and we guarantee that www.thedungeons.com will have the lowest priced priority entrance tickets available. If you find a cheaper price within 7 days of booking, we will match it and refund the difference!
The best price guarantee is subject to availability and times of date. The ticket must be the same in all respects including date, time of entry and admission priority. Excludes offers conditional on buying other products, group bookings or discounted membership schemes. We guarantee the best prices whether you make your purchase in Euros or Sterling, however, due to currency variations we will not consider price comparisons between products purchased in different currencies.
18. Dungeon Ticket Terms and Conditions: Priority entrance tickets give you priority over the general admission queue. There may be a wait at the entrance during busy times, but priority entrance has priority over the main queue and you will gain entry much more quickly during busy times. For priority entrance ticket holders, please join the queue at the priority entrance door and present the booking confirmation at admissions to gain entry to the attraction.
For general admission ticket holders, join the main queue and present your booking confirmation at admissions to gain entry to the attraction. (If in doubt please check first with a Dungeon Keeper at the door which queue to join.).
19. Combi Ticket Terms and Conditions: When purchasing a combi ticket, the Dungeon element of the ticket is for a specific date and time slot. You must visit the other attraction after your visit to the Edinburgh Dungeon or up to one calendar month after your Dungeon visit. Combi tickets cannot be purchased without a Dungeon visit.
Merlin Entertainments Group Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Merlin Entertainments (Dungeons) Ltd of 3 Market Close, Poole, Dorset BH15 1NQ.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. Your IP address may also be used to diagnose problems with our server, monitor visitor traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop and improve our site further.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
Your data will not be used in this way and we will not pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes unless you tick the relevant box located on our sign-up page
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.thedungeons.com (our site). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use.
www.thedungeons.com is a site operated by Merlin Entertainments Group plc (we or us). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 5022287 and we have our registered office at 3 Market Close, Poole, Dorset, BH15 1NQ.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
You also agree:
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
Contributions must not:
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
CHANGES TO THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
“The Edinburgh Dungeon were awesome! The actors were funny and convincing, the timings were excellent and I even learned a few things. However, I had to keep hold of someone's hand because I was so sca…”Jenny See more reviews...